A few things for your perusal:
- I have tickets to the final ECU baseball home series of the season, which begins tomorrow at Clark-LeClair against Houston. I have two tickets to Thursday’s 7 p.m. game, four to Friday’s 8 p.m. game and four to Saturday’s season finale game that begins at 1 p.m.
- LCC lost its first game of the Region 10 District 2 tournament today, 10-6, to L.G. Wallace College in Martinsville, Va., and is playing for a berth to the D-2 World Series as I write this (at 2:45 p.m.). I’ll keep you updated here.
- Congratulations to a trio of local kids for being selected to the State Games of N.C. Region 2 team: Kinston High School’s C.J. Bradshaw, Greene Central’s Wes Sowers and East Duplin’s Wiley Jackson. All three are very deserving and it’s good to see our area represented by those three young men. However, how does Kinston’s Blake Herring or one of the talented young players at North Lenoir or South Lenoir not make it?
- I’ve updated it below, but the North Lenoir softball team did not play last night because of a bad field. They are scheduled to play tonight, though.
- Our good friend Randy Capps not only had one of the best starts to May in Streak for the Cash — he’s also in fourth NATIONWIDE right now for the most wins this month with 52. Help me send some good karma his way — and if you want to join our little group (and possibly win $100,000 or $2,500 or valuable prizes from the KFP), click here.
- Don’t forget to vote for South Lenoir’s Logan Deaver for a statewide player of the year award. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with NC-10-POTY-DEAVER in the subject line. You can vote for him once an hour until midnight on Sunday.