Better than making several separate posts, I thought I’d just include a few things in one:
- Our good friend — and the only man I call “Big Sexy” — is helping host a car wash fundraiser for Relay For Life Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the employee parking lot at Lenoir Memorial Hospital. A $5 donation or more is requested. If it’s rained out, it will take place on Saturday, June 6.
- Randy Capps, an award-winning writer for the Fayetteville Observer (and the Henderson Dispatch and Shelby Star before that) has two great posts on his blog delving into his fanhood of the Baltimore Orioles. Simply put, no one does this type of media better than Capps. My only complaint? NOT ENOUGH ENTRIES.
- Wilson Daily Times Sports Editor Paul Durham — another of the really good guys in this shark-infested business — reports that former Kinston and current Wilson Fike AD and girls’ basketball coach John Gay has resigned, part of a nearly-complete overhaul of the coaching staff at Fike.
- As you might’ve heard from my colleague Jon Dawson, I am hijacking his blog on Monday and Tuesday (much like he did mine while I was gone for 10 days). He has a nice TGIF thought up on his blog today.
- A final thought: I am perplexed as to why we’re not getting very many votes in the ECOTD contest of late. The page views continue to skyrocket (over 100,000 for the third straight month!), but our votes are dropping significantly, both in the comments and by e-mail. Are you getting tired of the Eye Candy? If so, I can certainly take that off the blog — it takes a good 30 to 45 minutes each day to put that together and I can use that time for something else. Help me help you — let me know what you think.